Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Simple Prayer

Father, forgive me for giving power away in my life…

for wanting to see myself through the eyes of others…

for camping out in their praises and for wallowing in their criticism.

I have spent my life trying to please others to convince them that I matter,

and all the while it has been me who has needed to be convinced. 

Most importantly,  it is through Your eyes which I need to see myself.


Janice at 2 or 3 years old...


And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Matthew 18:3

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,  Galations 3:26

6 comments:

  1. I think most of us can relate to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Janice, and so true for me as well. I am going to pray this prayer every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. . . (hugs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, I was just talking with a friend today about this very thing! Love to get this every month!! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete