Friday, November 8, 2013

My Favorite Bible Passage Is...


Isaiah Chapters 61 and 62

I love the beautiful language of Isaiah and the symbolism of the coming Messiah, Jesus. Love that He binds up the brokenhearted, frees captives, replaces mourning with joy, removes shame and disgrace, clothes me with garments of salvation, and delights in me!  Wow!

"...to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."

"for the Lord will take delight in you..as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you..."

This is one of many things that so stirs my heart about God.  This is one of many things that my heart has a hard time believing, but I long to know this, really know it.  And some days, I do.

I have longed to be delighted in.  And I am.  By the God of the universe.  How sad that many days, I live as though He isn't even here.  I let myself get distracted so easily.

Have you ever really pondered the idea that God delights in you?  He wants your heart.  All of it.

I want to be so aware and full of His presence, that I become "a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."

I want the world to see Him in me.  It will always be an imperfect reflection.  I fail miserably, at times, to let Him shine through me.  

It's not about performance.  It's not about "getting it right."  It's more about yielding and trusting and letting Him shine.  It's about opening my heart to the idea that He delights in me.  And loving Him back...

5 comments:

  1. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me - Phillipians 4:13.

    Susan Beam-Gilleland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.. I love the part where he wants all of my heart. All of it. That's powerful and always a struggle with my sinful nature. But I'm learning to let go. And let God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete